| Friday, July 13, 2007 |
| Blog Christening |
So, I've been toying around with the idea of having a blog for a while. Someplace to keep me accountable. I used to go to Weight Watchers for the face to face accountability, but it never seemed to work for me. I guess you could say I am a true carb addict. If I had the freedom of 30 points on WW, you can be sure I was going to spend it on bagels.
I can remember sitting at the computer when I turned 30, recording in my oh so super private diary that "I will not be 30 and fat." Well, I can say in all sincerity I'm not. I'm actually now 40 and fat.
Great.
I have rheumatoid arthritis and the window of my ability to exercise is starting to slam shut. If I don't do something, NOW, it's going to be lost forever. I don't want to be one of those people you either pity, or get annoyed with, in Walmart riding around in a scooter because they are too large to shop. If I ever get too large to shop on my own two feet, it's time to pack it in.
Remember that poor 600 pound woman who became physically one with her sofa because she got too fat to move? I can empathize. I can so empathize. And that terrifies me.
So, you like my pretty blog? Notice all the pretty chocolate at the top? I'd like to think that I can have some of that pretty,seratonin increasing goodess again someday. Someday, but not today.
I'll probably throw up a page here for progress photos just as soon as I make some progress. I started wearing a pedometer in preparation for my new walking routine. Wanna see it's picture? I didn't think so.
I have an appointment next week with a personal trainer. You may want to see his picture, he's a Kinesiology grad student at the college I work for. He's probably pretty hot. And I'm probably old enough to be his mother. Le sigh.
In the meantime, here's a photo of my insane, but completely loveable family. We are incapable of posing like normal people. I'd be embarassed if I didn't love them so darn much.

Missing in that photo is my completely adorable and thoroughly spoiled grandchild.
 (We really don't like her all that much. As evidenced by the 2000 pictures of her I currently have on my hard drive. ) |
posted by KimHewes @ 7:43 PM  |
|
| 1 Comments: |
-
Just checking to see if this thing works.
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
|
| About Me |
|
![]()
Name: KimHewes
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Shoutbox |
I am shouting because I am fat, and I am tired of it. Follow along on my final journey. Strap on your safety belts, it's likely it'll be a bumpy ride. |
| Daily Visits |
|
| Powered by |
 |
|
Just checking to see if this thing works.